Effective, affordable and automated SEO is really the ‘Holy Grail’ for online marketers and online businesses. The fact is that we know this very intimately because just a couple of years ago we were just getting starting on all of this ourselves. That is exactly what led us to create AutomatedLinksOnTap.com in the first quarter of last year.
While we know that it is a bit odd to be “reviewing” our own product, we feel that it is important that we give you a thorough review of the Automated Links On Tap product just as we do any other product. Will there be some degree of bias? Sure, that’s inevitable, but we read on because I believe you’ll see very objective analysis of the product and as its creators we can surely provide you with insight into what it does and why better than any other.
The Automated Links On Tap product is fundamentally different than any other linkbuilding system or tool reviewed on this site. It is crucial that you understand this subtle but very important distinction. AutomatedLinksOnTap.com provides a full service SEO campaign for your site and is designed to be a complete package. Most tools and services provide only a single type of links – they specialize in one. The AutomatedLinksOnTap.com service, however, combines various types of links and content in order to provide a full spectrum campaign that is meant to be free standing without the need for other tools, subscriptions or services.
So, for example, while a typical linkbuilding network provides high PR blog posts, that’s all it does. As good as it is, if you only use it and nothing more, after a while it will leave a footprint on your site because the only type of link you will be acquiring is high PR blog post links.
Likewise, a great article submission network like Traffic Kaboom is also very effective at its core competency of getting you lots of low quality contextual backlinks from lots of different domains. It does that very well. But once again, if that is all you use, after about three months you’ll likely see your site rankings take a dive. This is NOT a fault of Traffic Kaboom – it is one of the best article submission networks out there right now and comes with our highest recommendation (we use it every day). But the problem is that it only provides one type of link and if it’s the only tool you’re using, well, it’s going to leave a footprint on your site.
Mixing It Up – Keeping it Natural
We talk a lot about the need to “mix up” your linkbuilding and SEO for your site. The fact is that you need to have a wide variety of link types in order to keep your site looking natural in its linkbuilding profile. If you think about this for a minute, it makes perfect sense. You don’t need to overcomplicate this – it’s really just common sense.
It’s simply not natural for a site to only have high PR blog post links or only have social media links and nothing else. You see a site that has no SEO being performed on it will naturally acquire a wide variety of different links – from blogs, from directories, from high PR sites, real blog comments, a ton of low PR and low quality site links, some press release links, some social media links and many other types.
This is the problem that *any* single link type SEO tool shares. It doesn’t matter how good the tool is, the fact is most all of them out there are designed to be a “part” of your SEO campaign and not your “entire” SEO campaign. That is where AutomatedLinksOnTap.com separates itself from all of the other services that we have reviewed on this site because it is designed to be a standalone SEO solution for your site.
Features of AutomatedLinksOnTap.com
Creating AutomatedLinksOnTap.com was a real challenge because from the beginning we picked a price point and worked backwards from that. We had very specific goals and fitting all of them into this price point was quite challenging.
- It had to be effective – This is, obviously, the most important of all. If the service didn’t provide results, well, as Metallica sings “Nothing Else Matters”.
- We have fixed the price at $397 – This is very, very limiting. There’s just only so much you can do in this price range and it becomes a major challenge to be effective.
- It had to be diversified – This is partly the same as the first point because you can’t be effective if you don’t have diversification of link types (as we’ve mentioned above). So we knew that we were going to have to include a mix of services and a mix of link types in these packages. That makes pricing even more difficult because we have to integrate and source various solutions.
- It had to be 100% automated for our clients – Now I want to be very clear on this, it’s automated for the clients – not for us! It’s actually a very complex system that we have behind the scenes, but for those that purchase it is a simple five minute one time setup and nothing more. This is something that any programmer or product developer will tell you, the easier a given product is for the consumer, the harder it is for the supplier or developer. Case in point is the iPhone. It’s a super elegant and simple design, yet it was extremely complex and took years to create.
- It had to be Panda friendly – Now this was also no small feat. We first released this product in March of 2011, right after Google’s onslaught into the Panda furry of 2011 which continues to wreak havoc for many site owners even today. To provide effective results it needed to provide not only a good mix of link types, but also a good mix of unique content. Most tools out there rely heavily on spun content or they require you to provide your own content at your own cost which significantly changes the monthly cost of their service.
- Lastly, it had to do the things most people will not – What do we mean by that? Well most fail at SEO because they are not consistent, they don’t mix up their links and anchor text and they don’t do the hard or costly SEO tasks that are highly effective, like monthly press releases, for example. So we knew we had to address all of those items.
When you throw all of those requirements into the mix and try to come up with a solution that addresses all of them, well, you’ll see it’s almost an impossible task. And indeed for most people it truly is an impossible feat. We’ll talk more about that in a bit when we talk about the pricing below.
How It Works
The features of AutomatedLinksOnTap.com are really outlined in the goals of the product above. As we’ve stated, this is not a link network where you need an interface to manage your linkbuilding efforts, etc… So the process is pretty basic, here’s how it goes.
- Step #1 – After your purchase you are directed to a page that provides you instructions to contact us at the Helpdesk and provide us your domain, keywords and URLS.
- Step #2 – Next we get it all setup and create an account for you on our online rank reporting system to baseline their rankings as they exist now. This way, when you login you can monitor their performance.
- Step #3 – Receive your reports at the end of the month. We can’t report on every last link created but we do report on the vast majority of them. All reports are delivered to you via the helpdesk. Furthermore, we deliver you the content that we created in the SEO process as well. After all, you paid for it, right? This way you can use it for other purposes if you so desire, but we don’t recommend it.
- Step #4 (optional) – Each month you can adjust your keywords if you wish. We limit this to a single change per month because after the month’s SEO begins, we can’t make changes. So the best procedure is to contact us about a week before your monthly renewal and inform us of the keyword changes at that time. Some people use these packages to “maintain” existing rankings so we rely on you to determine when it is time to change up the keywords. We do, however, recommend you give them 90 days before making a change.
There really aren’t any other features per say, but we do include some different bonuses with the product that are geared towards helping your understanding of SEO as well as additional tools and marketing resources (our Article Marketing Lies eBook).
The Results Using AutomatedLinksOnTap.com
This is the part that we’re most proud of – the results. Because results always speak for themselves. As we’ve said above, all of the great pricing, marketing tools and fancy interfaces in the world mean nothing if you don’t get results.
We pride ourselves on our candor and NO BS approach to Internet Marketing and SEO – that is something that you can continue to rely on. Every one of the charts on the sales page comes directly from client results – no games are being played, no fancy Photoshop work, etc… what you see is what you get.
We launched the service in March of 2011 and today we have many of those first clients that debuted with our then brand new product still subscribed today – trust me, they wouldn’t be paying if they were not getting results.
That being said, let’s be blatantly honest here – these packages are not going to be enough for everyone. We have clients paying $5000 a month for SEO and clearly they’re doing a lot more than we could do in these $397 packages. So, are they perfect for everyone? No, of course not – nothing is and we wouldn’t tell you otherwise.
These packages are, however, ideal for the average Joe website targeting long tail keywords that are low to medium competition. If you’re trying to rank for “car insurance” or “make money online”, well, forget it, no $397 package in the world will get you those rankings. However, for most small businesses, niche websites and especially local businesses these packages are very effective and certainly affordable.
These packages have also been extremely well received by resellers in the “local Internet Marketing” space. Most local businesses pay around $500-$800 a month for local SEO services. With our reseller program (please contact us via the Helpdesk for details about the AutomatedLinksOnTap.com Reseller program) those that simply want to rebrand and resell these packages to their own clients can do so and complete outsource the work to us freeing them up to focus on client acquisition and letting us handle the dirty work. Because we are selling multiple quantities to a single reseller and our support load is much lower since we only have to deal with one contact for 5 or more sales, we are able to offer reducing pricing for those resellers.
All support is handled through our Helpdesk at http://ctcsupport.com just like any of our other products or services. Nothing is outsourced – we staff our own helpdesk support team members and don’t be surprised if Mike or I “chime in” every now and then as well – we remain very involved in the oversight and management of our business. After all, the name is “Mike & Troy’s” – right? <grin>.
When you first purchase your account is normally setup within 48 hours, unless you purchase on the weekend – we don’t staff the helpdesk over the weekend. The same turnaround time is also our normal for other requests. Many times we are able to turn them around in the same day, but we have staff in four different countries on various timezones so often times they will be answered the next day just due to timing issues.
Can’t I Just Do This All Myself?
Yes, you certainly can. SEO is simple but it’s not easy or cheap. Now, what the heck does that mean? Well it means that the actual tasks involved in SEO are not complex – it’s pretty basic and simple stuff. But most people fail because they do not do it and do not do it consistently. That is why for 95% of you reading this review you would be far better off purchasing the AutomatedLinksOnTap.com service for your site than trying to do it yourself. But, we haven’t even talked about the financial reasons yet.
You can do everything we do in these packages, well, sort of…
See the first thing to consider is that we have the economy of scale on our side. We are doing SEO on hundreds of domains and we can leverage accounts and tools in a way that your average consumer cannot. Some of the tools and networks that we use in this service cost thousands of dollars per month – the average person doing SEO on a single site simply cannot afford to invest that much. Because we’re spreading that cost across all of our clients and our own domains as well it is cost justified for us and our per domain cost is dramatically reduced from what you could obtain.
If you pick and choose from the services we review and recommend here on ArticleSubmissionReview.com and try to assemble a package that does everything we provide in these AutomatedLinksOnTap.com packages you will spend a minimum of $650 or more a month to achieve similar results. We say similar because you won’t be using the exact same tools and networks that we are. You will also have the added costs of your time and the real cost is the cost of failure.
What do I mean by that? Well it’s simple. When comparing costs you won’t be taking into account the most critical factor that will affect your results – YOU. In other words, do you have the time and discipline (not just the money) to do SEO on a DAILY basis for your site or sites? For most people the answer is no, even if a very reluctant “no”. But that is the single biggest reason people fail with SEO – it really is not just about the cost, you have to factor in this cost of failure as well.
What We Don’t Like About AutomatedLinksOnTap.com
Okay, so this is awkward, huh? I mean let’s be honest here, do you really expect us to criticize our own product? Well, you should. That’s right, you should. We’re candid with you on everything and we’ll be candid about the shortcomings on our own products as well – as best we can.
Like any system, product or tool there are limitations and AutomatedLinksOnTap.com is no different. The biggest limitation that we have is that a package can only be used for a single domain. They are designed that way from the ground up and all of our pricing and cost structures are built around one package per domain, so sorry, there are no exceptions to that.
If you look at the packages and what they include you’ll see that it also doesn’t make sense to break them up. For example, how could you do a single press release a month and divide it across multiple domains? The real issue, however, is that in order to provide these very robust packages at such a low price point we simply must be rigid in their implementation – we can’t customize them.
Those who request that we break a package up across multiple domains really don’t understand SEO and are trying to accomplish more than is feasible for a price that is also not realistic. If we broke them up, the diversification of links and the quantity of links would not be a good balance and the results would not be good either.
We also don’t like that the service currently forces you to go through the Helpdesk. That is less than ideal for both us and you as the customer. We are, however, continually improving this service and already have a programmer actively working on a solution which will allow you to submit the details of your order directly after purchase and without having to go through the helpdesk to do so. We will also be integrating AutomatedLinksOnTap.com with our soon to debut Customer Portal which will allow you to log in and retrieve your reports and content directly from your account. That data will also be archived for you as well.
Lastly from a consumer perspective we wish that there was a way to provide a trial period or money back guarantee on the product, but the fact is this is a service and not just a tool. Because of the service aspect we incur significant costs when setting up a new client. In fact, one of the only reasons we can offer this product for such a low cost is that it is very effective and we know that people will stay subscribed – we actually lose money on it the first month.
Thus, like any other service or contract, we cannot provide refunds of any kind for this service or offer any trial period. You can cancel at any time and though we caution you to give it at least 90 days because any realistic SEO campaign can take a little time to build momentum, you are not locked into anything other than the current month. You can cancel at any time and prevent future recurring charges, but it won’t stop the current month of service or entitle you to a refund, partial or otherwise.
The pricing is fairly simple. Currently there is one price – a $397 package.
While many will argue that $397 is expensive, I challenge you to try and price it out yourself. You’ll need several services to get this type of diversification of links and those range in price per month EACH and they do not include the content. When you add up all that you get in these packages you’ll see that they are extremely affordable.